Friday, May 8, 2009

aloha.boston

song.of.the.day:
after spending two weeks on the west coast, it's more than a little difficult to wake up at 7am eastern time on my second day back on the east coast. to help ease the pain, i needed the help of a few external aids to make the day better. i stopped by dunkin' donuts on my way in to work to get an iced coffee and a croissant, and as soon as i sat down at my desk, i turned on a song that puts me in a good mood without fail. it's a fitting and much-needed song.of.the.day.

the significance of songs often has more to do with the time and place that they take me to than it does the actual song itself. today's song.of.the.day takes me to maui, hawaii, where i spent a week in january for a friend's wedding. it was an amazing and relaxing week. i spent a lot of time driving around the island, seeing the sights--volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches, mountains...while listening to hawaiian radio--mainly reggae and old hawaiian folk music. and this song in particular was in heavy rotation that week. listening to it now puts me back behind the wheel with the windows down on the curvy beach-flanked roads...

song.of.the.day - jason mraz - i'm yours

No comments:

Post a Comment